March 11-22 2019 the Samuel DeWitt Proctor Conference (SDPC) will be attending the Sixty Third Consultation on the Status of Women (CSW63) at the United Nations headquarters in New York. The theme of the gathering is:Social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructure for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
SDPC seeks to contribute inter-generational and ecumenical representation at the CSW63 through bringing a diverse delegation of passionate leaders who are willing to join this global gathering to examine the intersectionalities that surround gender, race and access and the International Decade for People of African Descent. Joining the SDPC CSW Delegation for 2019: Dr. Iva Carruthers, Rev. Susan Smith, Minister Danielle Ayers, Tiauna Webb, Onleilove Alston (In Her Wisdom Consulting), Rev. Cari Jackson (Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice),Rev. Kimberly Gonxhe (Pittsburgh Theological Seminary). The SDPC CSW Delegation will participate in CSW 63 to be better equipped to work in our various ministries, organizations and institutions better able to safe guard and bring awareness to the most marginalized and vulnerable within our community (Black women and girls).
At the CSW 63, participants from all over the world will be able to attend sessions, talks workshops and gatherings centered on regional and topical areas that are related to justice, development and/or recognition concerning women and girls. The SDPC Delegation will also attend sessions at the Church Center for the United Nations, where the Ecumenical Women at the United Nations have designed a platform for parallel sessions that will run concurrently with CSW that will address faith, gender and justice.
Featured CSW /Ecumenical Women sessions include:
- Town Hall Meeting with The United Nations Secretary-General and Civil Society on The Margins Of CSW
- Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking: Effective Responses for Women and Girls
- African Women Leadership Network: Social Protection for Refugees
- Universal Health Care as A Pillar of Social Protection and Gender Equality
- Women in Jerusalem And the Social Protection Schemes Provided For Palestinian Women
- Waking the Giant: Global Churches Together for the SDGs
- “Nothing about Us without Us”: Lifting Up the Voice of Children of Incarcerated Parents
Learn more about the CSW: UN Commission on the Status of Women 2019
Watch CSW Sessions Online: UN Online Broadcast of CSW Side Events (will send link, still looking for it)
Follow Us! Keep up with the SDPC Delegation at the UN with the hashtag: #SDPC63CSW
You can also follow @UN_CSW on Twitter to find out about general side events, and to get highlights of daysactivities/events.